Technical Rules Eastern Province Biathlon
Technical RulesThe Technical Rules of Eastern Province Biathlon Association
- EP Biathlon has moved to an electronic timing system for both the running and swimming events. As such the electronic times will take precedence over the manual times.
- At the running event two electronic times are taken for each position and the slowest will be used unless the difference is greater than 0.5 seconds. In such a case the chief timekeeper will make a call taking the manual times into consideration.
- At the swimming event one electronic time per lane will be taken and unless the differences is greater than 0.5 seconds from the slowest manual time, the electronic time will stand. If the slowest manual time and the electronic time differs by more than 0.5 seconds, the chief timekeeper will make a call taking the manual times into consideration.
- If an electronic timekeeper acknowledges a mistake in the recording of the electronic times, the chief timekeeper will make a call taking the manual times into consideration.
- The chief timekeeper for the applicable session has the final say on the chosen times for a finishing position.
- At the running event, the starter has the choice to stop a race in the case of a false start or to let the race continue. If the choice is to let the race continue, a 1 second penalty will applied to athlete causing the false start